About Becoming a Micro-Entrepreneur
This training program is designed to take you step-by-step through the process of starting a successful micro-business. You will build a website and use it as a marketing and business plan. At the end of 30 days, you will have your website set up complete with your value proposition and a way to collect money. You will strive to have your first revenue as well. The course is self-paced so you can finish on your own time, but it is structured with assignments and deadlines. The certificate will help you gain micro-funding if required, but you will most likely not need any additional funding. Check out the Syllabus Here.
This course will teach you how to use the latest technology to create a buzz surrounding your brand and offerings. You will learn how to use content to produce a value proposition for your prospects, and to lead them to a buying decision through your website and social media outlets. You will learn to use FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pintrest and other social media along with blogging to create compelling content. We also cover partnering on marketing opportunities, purchasing and selling advertising, and search engine optimization (SEO).
Build and Maintain a Website
A good website is the heart and soul of any business today – and especially small businesses. It is your “brochure” that contains all the information your customers need to make a buying decision. Learning how to design, build, and maintain a dynamic site may be the difference between success and just getting by. This course takes website building a step beyond the basics presented in the certificate course. The course will teach you and your employees (if you have any) to build a site in WordPress and keep it fresh, interesting and up to date.
Starting a Non-Profit (501c3)
If your goal is to make a difference and a bit of money in the meantime, this course is for you. You move beyond what you learned in the basic certification course and move step by step through the process of filing an IRS form 1023 to become a 501c3, non-profit organization. All the information you need to consider and research will be presented including your mission, programs, board structure, revenue generating plans, and all the rest of the details necessary to become a 501c3 organization.
Work from Home
Most micro-entrepreneurs work from home, or anywhere they want to.
Many think that having a flexible schedule is a wonderful thing, and micro-entrepreneurs would agree, except that they work lots of hours. (and enjoy doing it)!
Doing what you Love
The most successful micro-entrepreneurs do something they just absolutely love. It might be a hobby turned into a business.
In many cases, the sky is the limit when you open your own business, your hard work takes you as far as you can go.
If you want a business loan, micro-entrepreneurship is not for you. If you want to take the cash you have on hand, and bet it on yourself, you have the makings of a dynamic micro-entrepreneur.
There is something magical that happens when you become self-employed (even if it is part time). The sense of price and accomplishment will change your life.
Becoming a Micro-Entrepreneur
ON DEMAND, MODERATED COURSES
Please Support Our Newest Mission - Spero
Spero is a "Safe Spot on Somerset" in OCMD dedicated to the healing and empowerment of people who have experienced domestic or sexual abuse.
Please join us in our mission to help Spero open its doors and begin to offer services to all who enter! All donations made to GTF for Spero will be spent on start up expenses and first year operations. Thank you so much for your support - on behalf of the entire Spero Team. Valerie
Spero will be located on Somerset St., right off the Boardwalk in Ocean City, MD next door to Inspired Thrift, a shop that was opened three years ago with the purpose of someday providing support for individuals that have experienced sexual or domestic assault and trauma. We encourage you to stop by to meet Lisa Burdsall, the Owner of Inspired Thrift, and Executive Director of Spero, to learn more about the mission of this amazing new organization.
- Safe on Somerset – Spero is a safe haven for people wishing to talk, visit, heal, mentor, inspire and support.
- Therapeutic Activities – Healing from trauma takes time and everyone heals differently. Spero offers yoga, meditation, healing arts, and other healing events.
- Education Resources – Sometimes healing involves evolving to the next level and often that requires education and training.
- Advocacy – Along with education resources, Spero is a source of advocacy for the personal advancement of those in need.
- Empowerment – Mentorship, fellowship, companionship, inspiration, and resources will be offered to help empower survivors to become thrivers.
If you would prefer to write a check in support of Spero, please make the check out to Global Training Foundation and mail to 9301 Atlantic Ave. #203, Ocean City, MD 20842. Be sure to note that it is for Spero – and THANK YOU so very much!
Provide a Scholarship for a Micro-Entrepreneur
Enable a Deserving Indivdiual to Start a Small Business
- All the Start-Up Basics
- Includes Website Set Up and Design
- Plus One Year of Hosting and Support
- Global Training Foundation is a 501c3 Organization
- Provides a Fully-Paid Scholarship to the Program for an Individual in Need
Provide a Scholarship for a New Non-Profit (501c3)
Social Micro-Entrepreneruship is an Extremely Worthwile Cause
- Support Completing the IRS Form 1023
- Self-Paced, Instructor Led Program
- Your Donation Provides a Scholarship to the Program
- Step-by-Step Guidance
- Design, Build and Maintain a Website During this Program
- One Full Year of Hosting is Included
Fundraising and Inbound Marketing
For Existing Businesses - Small Business Development Basics
- Social Media Marketing for your Organization
- Bring in Customers and Supporters
- Basics of Fundraising
- Grant Development Fundamentals
- Customer Relationship Management